I know what you’re thinking. It’s Saturday night. It’s 5 days til Christmas. And you still have so many gifts to get! Now, I don’t know what trendy tech gadget your brother Bobby might like, but if you’re looking to please your foodie friends (hint, hint last minute family members!)…I might have a few ideas.
Simple DIY Gifts
For the foodies that have everything, sometimes a gift made with love is better than another fancy kitchen gadget or food themed piece of clothing. These quick DIY projects are not only delicious but guarantee your giftee will think you spent much more than 30 minutes making.
- Maple Olive Oil Granola
- Homemade Gin
- Cranberry Lime Vodka
- Chili Lime Finishing Salt
- Herb Infused Olive Oil
Gifts that Keep on Giving
I don’t know anyone who doesn’t like opening presents. Whether you’re 8 or 80, there’s something exhilarating about tearing open that paper, for a split second not knowing what you will find. So what’s better than opening presents? Getting to do it again and again all year long. These exquisite gift-of-the-month ideas guarantee your recipient to be jolly all year long.
- Irving Farm’s Coffee of the Month Club
- Murray’s Cheese of the Month Club
- Stinky Bklyn’s Beer of the Month Club
- Raw Spice Bar’s Spice of the Month Club
- Nudo Adopt an Olive Tree
Get the perfect gift to satisfy your favorite Brooklynite AND food lover. These gifts are made with care, right here in my favorite borough. Maybe a bit challenging to get last minute, but trust me, these gifts are so great, they’ll still be appreciated, even if a few days late.
- Brooklyn Slate Cheese Board
- Gowanus Furniture Tip-Top Everyday Cutting Board
- Brooklyn Scape Tea Towels
- Studio Joo Porcelain Condiment Bowls
- Kombucha Kit
Activity Based Gifts
I’m personally more of an experience than “stuff” person. I don’t want the fancy gourmet cheese. I want to know how to make it myself. These activities are perfect to gift to someone, or make it a great date and go together!
- Brooklyn Homebrew 101 Beginner’s Class
- Butter Lane Cupcake Classes
- Gowanus Furniture Make Your Own Custom Cutting Board
- The Brooklyn Kitchen Cooking Classes
- Institute of Culinary Education Knife Skills Class