Another month and another fabulous foodie penpal package! This month I was paired with Becca of Two Places at Once. Becca’s blog follows her new live in Texas and journey to figure life out on her own. Her blog is half in the kitchen, half in the depths Texas as she discovers new things. Word to the wise, I think no matter how old you are, you’re still figuring things out on the fly. If you can fake it to you make it, you’re doing just fine.
Becca put together an incredibly thoughtful package for me. She knows my love of local food so she send me a collection of her favorite finds.
- Apple Whole Wheat Pancake Mix from her favorite brunch spot–still need to try, as soon as I can find a free Saturday!
- Local Texas Pecan, tasty on their own and pair well with,
- Locally Roasted Pecan Coffee
- Texas Honey–I’m a honey fiend; one jar is never enough for me!
- Jalapeño Jelly–perfect for glazing some chicken wings
My favorite is definitely the local pecans. I count down every fall until we get local nuts, usually just walnuts, so having these were extra special. Thanks to Becca for such an incredibly awesome package! Looking for your own Foodie Penpal? Here’s the scoop:
- On the 5th of the month, you will receive your penpal pairing via email. It will be your responsibility to contact your penpal and get their mailing address and any other information you might need like allergies or dietary restrictions.
- You will have until the 15th of the month to put your box of goodies in the mail. On the last day of the month, you will post about the goodies you received from your penpal!
- The boxes are to be filled with fun foodie things, local food items or even homemade treats! The spending limit is $15. The box must also include something written. This can be anything from a note explaining what’s in the box, to a fun recipe…use your imagination!
- You are responsible for figuring out the best way to ship your items depending on their size and how fragile they are. (Don’t forget about flat rate boxes!)
- Foodie Penpals is open to blog readers as well as bloggers. If you’re a reader and you get paired with a blogger, you can choose to write a short guest post for your penpal to post on their blog about what you received. If two readers are paired together, neither needs to worry about writing a post for that month.