Generally I love writing my foodie penpal reveals, but this one’s a bit bittersweet. It’s a harsh reminder that August is over and summer’s coming to a close. This summer was far more stressful, yet productive, as compared to last year. Free time was limited and while I didn’t put up as much as I would have liked (yet…), it’s an improvement over last year’s “too much canning, what do I do with all of this?” panic. While I mourn summer’s close, I welcome fall’s beginnings. The air has been light with a slight crispness at night, signalling cooler weather is not far away.
Fall is my favorite season. It signals apple picking, soup worthy evenings, brilliantly colored leaves and of course, my birthday. Though as wonderful as it is, part of me always has a sour feeling in my gut, knowing that winter lurks nearby. Spring and fall. If I could design a climate with low humidity, convenient rainfalls, flurries, not blizzards and temperatures between 45-80 degrees year round, the world would be perfect. Oh well. Enough lamenting about the weather. You’re here for the reveal.
This month I was paired with the lovely Kendra. The first thing I saw upon opening the box as a gorgeous postcard of a sunset over Lake Tahoe. It was soggy and gloomy in Brooklyn. Way to make me jealous, Kendra! Kendra put together a great assortment of snacks, including chocolate of course. She admitted to discovering each and every one of the items through Foodie Penpals (not only do we share, but we expand palates!). Included in the box was:
Endangered Species Dark Chocolate ♥ Roasted Edemame ♥ Cherry, Apple & Maple Snack Mix ♥ Egyptian Licorice Tea
Thanks so much, Kendra for putting together a super awesome box! And thanks always to Lindsay at the Lean Green Bean for organizing!
♦ ♦ ♦
Interested in joining Foodie Penpals? Here’s what you need to know:
- On the 5th of every month, you will receive your penpal pairing via email. It will be your responsibility to contact your penpal and get their mailing address and any other information you might need like allergies or dietary restrictions.
- You will have until the 15th of the month to put your box of goodies in the mail. On the last day of the month, you will post about the goodies you received from your penpal!
- The boxes are to be filled with fun foodie things, local food items or even homemade treats! The spending limit is $15. The box must also include something written. This can be anything from a note explaining what’s in the box, to a fun recipe…use your imagination!
- You are responsible for figuring out the best way to ship your items depending on their size and how fragile they are. (Don’t forget about flat rate boxes!)
- Foodie Penpals is open to blog readers as well as bloggers. If you’re a reader and you get paired with a blogger, you are to write a short guest post for your penpal to post on their blog about what you received. If two readers are paired together, neither needs to worry about writing a post for that month.
- Foodie Penplas is open to US, Canadian & European residents. Please note, Canadian Residents will be paired with other Canadians only. Same with Europeans. We’ve determined things might get too slow and backed up if we’re trying to send foods through customs across the border from US to Canada and vice versa.
If you’re interested in joining, please CLICK HERE to fill out the participation form and read the terms and conditions. You must submit your information by September 4th as pairings will be emailed on September 5th!