The last few days have been pretty cool. Thursday, I was selected as a featured blogger on The SITS Girls. SITS’s is a national blogging community that connects bloggers and provides tips and tutorials on how to make your blog stand out. I stumbled across it a few months back when I was looking for advice on photography, traffic and general WTF am I doing with this blog advice. The immediate result of being a featured blogger is the traffic spike you get to your blog. Literally almost 3x the norm. But more importantly is the connections built.
Through the SITS network I’ve met so many fantastic bloggers. Many with similar values and goals in life, other locavores or healthy eaters. But also bloggers completely different from me, ones that I would have never met in a million years if it wasn’t for this amazing network. So thank you SITS for the connections and my day of fame.
But my fame doesn’t stop there. Suzanne, from A Pug In The Kitchen recently nominated me for the Kreativ Blogger Award. Suzanne found me when I first started contributing to Food52 (which I do far too infrequently). As a fellow Brooklynite, we connected immediately and she’s been a huge supporter of my blog. Suzanne posts some of the most divine recipes complemented with stunning photography. I’m especially in love with her Spiced Plum Cobbler and Grilled Short Rib Tacos. Several months later, being only a few miles away from each other, we still haven’t actually met, but very, very soon!
As with everything in life, even awards aren’t free. There are rules. Of course, there’s no blogger award committee to track you down if you don’t follow the rules but it’s a fun thing to do and another way to meet bloggers. Through receiving and giving awards I’ve expanded my network of amazing bloggers, so I encourage my nominees to do the same and pay it forward.
- Visit and thank the blogger who nominated you.
- Acknowledge that blogger on your blog and link back.
- Share 7 random interesting things about yourself.
- Nominate 7 Kreativ Bloggers for the award, provide a link to their blogs in your post, and notify them on their blogs.
- Copy and paste the award somewhere on your blog.
RANDOM FACTS ABOUT ME
- I love Brooklyn, but if my husband said he wanted to move to Philly, I’d be back there in a heartbeat.
- Some of my best recipes are accidents that I never intend to blog, but the end up turning out so well I have to go back to recreate and measure ingredients.
- I could eat eggs for every meal of the day.
- A dish can never have too much garlic.
- The only shellfish I eat is scallops, not because I’m allergic but because of the texture.
- I am deathly afraid of bees.
- On a particularly awful day I’ve been known to eat ice cream out of the pint. Complete with whipped cream and sprinkles thrown right in.
- Cause Baking Makes Me Happy
- If Looks Could Kale
- Laura’s Mess
- Serif and Spice
- Simply Bitten Kitchen
- Small Kitchen Chronicle
- Tales of an Overtime Cook
Thanks again to Suzanne at A Pug in the Kitchen for nominating me!
- What I Learned at Brooklyn Eats (bklynlocavore.com)
- Recipe for a Brooklyn Locavore (bklynlocavore.com)
- My Blogoversary Gift? A Working Index! (bklynlocavore.com)