Summer gives me food anxiety. Every time I go to the market, not matter if it’s been a day or a week, there’s something new. I’m now spotting peaches, apricots, sweet corn, hot peppers, lemongrass and so much more. The pressure of wanting to buy everything, knowing that there is only so much my husband and I can consume before it starts to spoil is almost too much to handle. Winter’s easy. There are a finite amount of greens and root vegetables to choose from, plus shelf stable items, making it easy to create a menu. But summer meals are based off what looks good. It’s very hard to narrow down a dish when everything looks so good.
This week’s Photo Challenge is Fresh. I could think of nothing better to share than my Greenmarket picks of the week. Don’t worry, I exercised restraint and didn’t buy everything but did max out what we could handle for the next few days. When my mother called to say they wanted to take us to dinner, excitement was quickly taken over by panic. What about the fresh fish and salad greens?! As a result Saturday we had two dinners. One early during a mini pub crawl and the second of pan-fried hake with chopped greens at about 10pm at night.
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Fresh (stephenkellycreative.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Fresh (elisapompili.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Fresh (motocookster.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Fresh (ohthethingsweshallsee.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Fresh (randomlyabstract.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Fresh (annablakeblog.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge : Fresh (iseebeautyallaround.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Fresh (dswalkerauthor.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Fresh (photographybyac.wordpress.com)
Those photos are awesome!
Thanks! I figured posting early afternoon, people were eating or had eaten. Hopefully not making too many people hungry 🙂
Thanks! It’s so much easier to photograph food in natural light. My kitchen is horrible! I should start plating on my fire escape
Oh those all look so good, I love going to farmers markets at this time of the year!
I know, it’s just hard not to come home with everything!