This week’s photo challenge asks us to look at companionship. When I think of companionship, the first thought that comes to my mind is my wonderful husband, Sean. Irritatingly optimistic, he sees the good in everything and everyone. There’s always a bright side and things have a way of working themselves out. Ironically, a lesson I taught him years ago, but I’ve never been good at taking my own advice. He is my number one supporter and does everything in (and often tries beyond) his power to make me happy, no matter how out there my plans may be (“Picking bucket-loads of dandelions in the park and turning it into wine is a fantastic idea! You’ll see…”). And while on more than one occasion I’d rather sit there and wallow in self-pity, he’ll find a positive angle and somehow extract a smile.
I gather he’d rather I not wallpaper the internet with photos of him or us, especially since I have a habit of saving the sillier and less flattering photos (even in marriage you sometimes need some leverage…). And this is a food blog after all. So instead, my spin on companionable is rooted in my kitchen. My favorite tools and appliances that I couldn’t possibly live without. There is a high probability that in case of fire I might dive to save my KitchenAid over our wedding photos. Luckily my husband is speedy (when he wants to be), so I can count on him to save himself (and probably his 3 foot speakers).
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Companion (beijingcityphoto.wordpress.com)
- Weekly photo challenge: companionable (jrsyjueco.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Companion (jinancitydailyphoto.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: COMPANIONABLE (eagerexplorer.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Companionable (dailypost.wordpress.com)
- LoveSong | Weekly Photo Challenge: Companionable (simplysage.org)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Companionable (joyandwoe.wordpress.com)