I know, the last day of March came and went, and you spent all day on the edge of your seat continuously refreshing my blog to see what awesome goodies I got from my foodie penpal this month. Sorry to make you wait an extra day, but Lindsay over at Lean Green Bean who runs Foodie Penpals made a great point–people read blogs more on weekdays, usually from their work computer (don’t tsk, you do it too!), so a Monday posting is better than a Sunday posting. Plus it was Easter. While I love all of my readers very much, if you celebrate Easter, you should be spending time with family, not spending the day on your computer or smartphone! Okay, okay, without further ranting, let’s get to the goods!
This month I was paired with a lovely reader, Kaitlyn. I gave Kaitlyn the regular rundown of likes and dislikes and excitedly waited for my package to arrive. I don’t know if Kaitlyn read my blog or has psychic powers or something but she nailed me to a T. SO MUCH PEANUT BUTTER! Peanut butter bar, peanut butter and strawberry fruit & nut bar, peanut butter chia bar, a peanut butter and jelly Larabar (and a chocolate chip cookie dough one, just for good measures). I LOVE Larabars! Generally I stick with fruit ones (Cherry pie was my favorite) and had actually never tried these two. So good and so necessary for the insane week I was having. Just grab and go! I think the PB&J one has made it on my permanent shopping list.
Then there were these Cheeky Monkey Peanut Butter Puffs. Never heard of the stuff. They were kind of like cheese doodles, minus the cheese, plus the peanut butter. First thought was OMG these are GENIUS, how have I never seen them before? Second thought was more rational, thank goodness I’ve never seen these or I’d be buying them by the case. It doesn’t really matter if they’re 98 calories a bag if you end up eating 5 bags…
My favorite treat, and one I expected to like the least had nothing to do with peanut butter: jalapeno pumpkin seeds. It’s not that I don’t like spicy food, it’s more that my taste buds like to seize up for the rest of the day if something spicy gets too close. So I thought I might not be able to enjoy them. But wow where they delicious. Tangy and spicy at first but the heat died pretty early on and you were left with pure flavor. So good!
Thank you so very much Kaitlyn for all your awesome goodies! Be sure to check out the goods I sent to Janet over at Just J. And a huge thank you as always to Lindsay for organizing this whole thing! If you want to join foodie penpals, here are the details:
- On the 5th of every month, you will receive your penpal pairing via email. It will be your responsibility to contact your penpal and get their mailing address and any other information you might need like allergies or dietary restrictions.
- You will have until the 15th of the month to put your box of goodies in the mail. On the last day of the month, you will post about the goodies you received from your penpal!
- The boxes are to be filled with fun foodie things, local food items or even homemade treats! The spending limit is $15. The box must also include something written. This can be anything from a note explaining what’s in the box, to a fun recipe…use your imagination!
- You are responsible for figuring out the best way to ship your items depending on their size and how fragile they are. (Don’t forget about flat rate boxes!)
- Foodie Penpals is open to blog readers as well as bloggers. If you’re a reader and you get paired with a blogger, you are to write a short guest post for your penpal to post on their blog about what you received. If two readers are paired together, neither needs to worry about writing a post for that month.
- Foodie Penplas is open to US, Canadian & European residents. Please note, Canadian Residents will be paired with other Canadians only. Same with Europeans. We’ve determined things might get too slow and backed up if we’re trying to send foods through customs across the border from US to Canada and vice versa.
If you’re interested in joining, please CLICK HERE to fill out the participation form and read the terms and conditions. You must submit your information by April 4th as pairings will be emailed on April 5th!
- February Foodie Penpals! (bklynlocavore.com)
- Foodie Penpal: March (flakeandcake.wordpress.com)
- Peanut Butter Krispie Egg Bites for Easter (modernoatsblog.wordpress.com)
- On Solitude: A Spoonful of Peanut Butter (wileyschmidt.wordpress.com)
Pingback: April Foodie Penpals! « Brooklyn Locavore
This looks awesome! I just found foodie pen pals and can’t wait until I can do it next month!
Thanks! I’ve had some really awesome penpals over the month (including this one!). It’s a great program–so glad you’ve decided to give it a try. Maybe we’ll be paired on month 🙂
Pingback: A New Voice on Foodie Penpals « Brooklyn Locavore